Meeting all your restaurant equipment and supply needs since 1928.
Carnegie Equipment Inc. was founded in 1928 by George Ferris, better known as “Carnegie”, a nickname he was given by the town of Altoona for his generosity in serving the community. In 1928, Carnegie Equipment was much different than what it is today. The business then carried the name National Plate Glass which sold store front glass to local businesses.
After several years of running the glass company, Carnegie saw the need for a bar and restaurant supply store. As Altoona began to grow and bars and restaurants were opening he changed the name to Carnegie Equipment.
Three generations of great customer service.
George “Carnegie” Ferris felt very strongly about family working in the business, having his brother join him in 1950. In December 1997 Carnegie passed away. His 70 years in his business had been passed on to allow the legacy of Carnegie Equipment to continue.
His son, George C. Ferris, had been working with his father since 1964, and following his father’s death, took over as President. George’s son George C. Ferris II joined the family business, as the third generation and has been working beside his father since 1992.
Carnegie Foodservice Equipment and Supplies continues to grow.
Carnegie Equipment has expanded over the years, and still continues to grow. With the latest technology, large showroom with a variety of food service equipment and supplies and an extremely knowledgeable sales team, Carnegie Equipment continues to be number #1 in serving communities all over the Central Pennsylvania region.