814.942.0691

Carnegie was founded in 1928 by George Ferris, better known as “Carnegie,” a nickname he was given by the town of Altoona for his generosity in serving the community. Originally, the business sold store front glass to local retailers, and operated under the name National Plate Glass…. More

After several years of running the glass company, Carnegie saw the need for a bar and restaurant supply store. He changed the name of his business to Carnegie Equipment. As Altoona began to grow, bars and restaurants started to pop up, Carnegie Equipment became their trusted dealer…. More

George C. Ferris, Carnegie’s son, becomes the second generation in the Ferris family to begin working at Carnegie…. More

George’s son, George C. Ferris II. joined the family business as the third generation. He’s been working alongside his father ever since…. More

In December 1997, Carnegie passed away. With 70 years in the business, his values have been passed on, allowing the legacy of Carnegie Equipment to continue. Carnegie’s son, George C. Ferris, took over as President. George C. had been at Carnegie for almost 40 years when he became President…. More

Carnegie unveils a new showroom and warehouse, housing a test kitchen and a large selection of restaurant equipment and supplies…. More

Carnegie is a leading supplier of foodservice equipment and supplies, proudly serving Central PA to the Central USA…. More

Ready to schedule a consultation?

Please give us a call at 814.942.0691 or click below to send a message.

Contact Us